DONATIONS OF BOOKS AND OTHER MATERIALS
Donations of materials will be accepted by the Library within the following guidelines:
- Library staff will evaluate donations for inclusion in the collection in accordance with the Library Collection Development policy.
- Because the Library collection is actively used, no guarantee can be made that any gift will become a permanent addition.
- Donations become the property of the Alhambra Civic Center Library. Materials may be added or discarded without consulting the original donor.
- Donations not added to the Library collection become the property of the Friends of the Alhambra Civic Center Library.
The Library does not offer appraisal services.
Upon request, a receipt in the form of a letter acknowledging the donation will be given to the donor at the time of the donation. This letter may be used by the donor for tax purposes.
Value of Donation
In accordance with tax regulations, no dollar value will be stated in the letter of receipt.
Dropping off Donations:
Donations can be brought to the Library's Circulation Desk during regular operating hours.
Larger donations (more than two boxes) requires an appointment. Please call the Circulation Department at (626) 570-5028 to schedule a drop off time.
- Fiction and nonfiction books (hard cover and paperbacks)
- DVDs, audio books and music CDs
- Clean copies of “classic” titles
We Cannot Accept:
- Books in poor condition (yellowing pages, broken bindings, musty smelling, etc.)
- Textbooks or reference material (dictionaries, etc.) older than 5 years
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Dated information (old travel guides, etc.)
- Newspapers or Magazines
- VHS or cassette tapes
Please make all monetary donations to the Library through the Alhambra Library Friends Foundation.