Explore the links below for timely resources and information suited for teens during the pandemic. You can also explore the drop-down menu under the ‘Teens’ header for our other resource pages.
- The Common App: Get information regarding disruptions such as the coronavirus.
- Coronavirus and College Admission by the National Association for College Admission Counseling: View information and resources about college counseling and admissions as we adapt to the COVID-19 crisis.
- MyCoalition Counselor: An offering of free online college planning tools that will help you learn about, prepare for, and apply to college, including staying on track for college during the pandemic.
- YouVisit Virtual College Tours: Get access to virtual Tours of higher education institutions, in 360 degree view, with embedded videos of more information.
- Online Student Manual for Success: Explore ways to study smarter, find a tutor, and excel in a digital classroom.
- Northeastern University’s 8 Strategies for Getting the Most out of an Online Class: View a great list of tips for how to get the most out of your online learning.
- Distance Learning Quick Tips: View a video all about how to focus your mind, organize your space, and manage your time during distance learning.
- Tips for Online Classes and Remote Learning: View a video with a compilation of tips from a fellow student also immersed in online learning.
- LearningExpress Library: Take free practice tests for AP exams, SAT, ACT, ASVAB, TOEFL, etc., as well as help writing your admissions essays.
- Explora: Browse topics of interest or search for a topic of your choice to help you with reports and research.
- SAT Testing: View dates and any updates on SAT testing.
- ACT Testing Amid COVID-19: View a comprehensive FAQ with updated information on ACT testing.
- AP Coronavirus Updates: Access free online AP classes and take-at-home AP Exams for 2020.
- National Center for Fair & Open Testing: View a list of schools with test optional policies for Fall 2021.
- Prompt: View a list of colleges that are still accepting proficient AP exam scores for college credit in select courses.
FINANCIAL AID, LOANS, SCHOLARSHIPS:
- U.S. Department of Education: View a page of COVID-19 information and resources.
- FastWeb: View Coronavirus resources for students.
- Federal Student Aid: View Coronavirus and forbearance information for students, borrowers, and parents.
- All About Adulting: View 20 minute sessions that discuss various ways to be an adult, covering food, finances, job hunting, etc. created by librarians at the Contra Costa County Library.
JOB SEARCHING & CAREER PLANNING:
- Hats and Ladders: Discover your career interests, build confidence and experience, and prepare for any career path using this free resource.
- Time for Payback: Play an online game that prepares students for the financial responsibilities of college and beyond.
- Google Arts & Culture Collections: Take virtual tours and view online exhibits of over 500 museums and galleries, including some of the most famous museums around the world.
- PBS Above the Noise: View short episodes in this series which takes on current events or controversial topics, giving you facts and figures to cut through the hype and rise above the noise.
The Alhambra Civic Center Library is not responsible for the content of these sites.