COVID-19 Library Reopening FAQ
Beginning the week of November 2nd, Library hours will change to allow for Express In-Person visits for essential services. Curbside services will still be available.
Mondays & Fridays: Curbside services available 10am-4pm. You can call 626-570-3212 or email email@example.com to place a curbside order.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays: Express In-person Services available 12:30pm-4:30pm. Visits are limited to 30 minutes for essential services. Essential services are checking out materials, getting a Library card, printing/photocopying, and limited computer use.
How do I return my items?
Items can be returned to the Library book drop boxes or inside the Library during Express Services hours. The walk-up book drop is located near 1st Street between the Library and City Hall. The drive-up book drop is located on 2nd Street.
My items are due, how do I renew them?
Can I make a passport appointment?
Passport services are not available at this time.
How do I access electronic resources?
The Library has many electronic resources that you can access from home, just by entering your Library card number.
- Databases such as: Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Learning Express, Legal Information Reference Center, and many more
- E-books and audiobooks via Axis 360 and Hoopla (Hoopla is limited to 8 items per month)
- E-magazines via Flipster
- Music, Movies and TV shows via Hoopla (Hoopla is limited to 8 items per month)
- Children’s story books via Scholastic BookFLIX and Tumblebook Library
- Go to the Library’s Children’s web page for more children resources
Is the Library offering any programs?
How can I check my Library account status?
Log in on the Library Catalog. In the top right corner, enter your entire Library card number and PIN.
How can I get a Library card?
Visit the Library during Express Service hours to apply for a Library card. Alhambra residents can get an eCard to access digital resources by visiting the Library Catalog and filling out the eCard form. If you got an eCard during our closure, you can also come in during Express Service hours to convert your digital card into a traditional Library card.
How can I use Curbside Pickup?
You can request materials for curbside pickup. Pickup is available Monday & Friday 10am-4pm by appointment. Pickup is available as a drive-up or walk-up service.
- You can request materials Monday-Friday from 10am-4pm. Call 626-570-3212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number, Library card number, and request.
- We'll call you when your items are ready for pick up to schedule an appointment. You can drive up and we'll deliver your items curbside, or you can walk up to the 1st Street entrance. Signs are posted for appropriate waiting areas.
- There is a limit of 15 items and 1 pick-up order per household, per day.
- You must wear a face covering and follow social distancing protocols at pickup.
- You cannot return items at curbside pickup. You can return items to the Library book drops.