COVID-19 Library Reopening FAQ
Beginning Monday, May 3, Library hours and services will change for in-person visits.
Limited Services and Seating
- The Library will be open for browsing and checkout, computing services, and printing/photocopying.
- Seating is very limited and capacity restrictions are still in place. Only members of the same household should share a table.
- Self-service computing and printing available on the First floor.
- Passport services are not available; Second floor is not open for seating or browsing
- Study rooms, meeting rooms, the Bookstore and the Discovery Center remain closed.
- Computers and Wi-fi shut down 15 minutes prior to Library closing time.
Curbside service is still available on Fridays from 11:30am-4:30pm: Curbside services available for vulnerable patrons from 11:30am-4:30pm. You can call (626) 570-3212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to place a curbside order. Orders must be placed by 5pm on Thursdays to allow for processing time. Appointments are limited and scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
How do I return my items?
Items can be returned to the Library book drop boxes or inside the Library during Express Services hours. The walk-up book drop is located near 1st Street between the Library and City Hall. The drive-up book drop is located on 2nd Street.
My items are due, how do I renew them?
Can I make a passport appointment?
Passport services are not available at this time.
How do I access electronic resources?
The Library has many electronic resources that you can access from home, just by entering your Library card number.
- Databases such as: Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Learning Express, Legal Information Reference Center, and many more
- eBooks, digital audiobooks, and digital magazines from Overdrive.
- eBooks and audiobooks via Hoopla (Hoopla is limited to 5 items per month)
- Music, Movies and TV shows via Hoopla (Hoopla is limited to 5 items per month)
- Children’s story books via Scholastic BookFLIX and Tumblebook Library
- Go to the Library’s Children’s web page for more children resources
Is the Library offering any programs?
How can I check my Library account status?
Log in on the Library Catalog. In the top right corner, enter your entire Library card number and PIN.
How can I get a Library card?
Visit the Library during Express Service hours to apply for a Library card. Alhambra residents can get an eCard to access digital resources by visiting the Library Catalog and filling out the eCard form. If you signed up for an eCard during our closure, you can also come in during Express Service hours to convert your digital card into a traditional Library card.
How can I use Curbside Pickup?
You can request materials for curbside pickup. Pickup is available by appointment on Fridays from 11:30am-4:30pm. Pickup is available as a drive-up or walk-up service.
- You can request materials for pickup on Friday until Thursday at 5pm. Call (626) 570-3212 or email email@example.com with your name, phone number, Library card number, and request.
- We'll call you to schedule a Friday appointment time. You can drive up and we'll deliver your items curbside, or you can walk up to the First Street entrance. Signs are posted for appropriate waiting areas.
- There is a limit of 15 items and 1 pick-up order per household, per week.
- You must wear a face covering and follow social distancing protocols at pickup.
- You cannot return items at curbside pickup. You can return items to the Library book drops.