*TAB is on hiatus at the moment*
What is the Teen Advisory Board (TAB)?
A group of teens who meet on a regular basis and are interested in helping Teen Services staff in developing and implementing teen services. Members are eligible to receive service credit.
Who can join?
Teens ages 14-18 are welcome to join TAB.
What are the duties of TAB members?
- Promote the use of the Library.
- Share information and address topics related to teens and young adults, such as teen interests and current trends.
- Act as a teen community liaison to other agencies, service organizations, and community groups, such as the City of Alhambra Youth Commission.
- Provide input on teen collection development (suggestions for purchase in all areas including fiction, non-fiction, Manga, and audiovisual materials to name a few).
- Provide input on the teen center, including space planning, displays, and furniture.
- Provide input on teen programming and assist with implementation (Teen Services staff reserve the right to reject and/or revise proposed ideas).
- Assist with any fundraising (from ideas to implementation).
- Read teen books and provide reviews for our online teen space and the Alhambra Teens Facebook page.
- Encourage teen involvement in the Library's services and programs and recruit TAB members.
When does TAB meet?
TAB meets September through May at 3:30 pm on the first Thursday of the month. Location may vary, so please check with the Teen Services staff.
How do I become a TAB member?
Visit the Teen Desk to pick up a copy of our guidelines and our application for membership.