Get ready for Alhambra Reads 2021 featuring Rising Strong by Brené Brown. This March we ask our community to join us in a series of lectures, to-go kits, and outdoor activities designed to get you thinking and exploring. We hope that Alhambra Reads 2021 will be the start of a wellness and self-care journey that begins with reading and ends with transformative action!
Starting February 8th, reserve a complimentary copy* of Rising Strong by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling (626) 570-3212 (*one book per household, while supplies last)
NOTE: When contacting us about the monthly activity kits, please include the ages of those receiving the kits and a phone number where we can best reach you.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- February 8th: Begin reserving your Rising Strong Book Kit
- February 24th 11:30am: Pre-Event Stretching for Everyone at Alhambra Park (Bring-Your-Own-Blanket)
- March 12th 11am-2pm: Alhambra Reads Drive-Thru Kickoff at the 1st St. Entrance: Pick up your Positivity Rocks kit!
- March 15: If you were unable to attend the Kickoff event, you may reserve a Positivity Rocks kit for curbside delivery by calling (626) 570-3212
- April 1st: Begin reserving your Art Kit
- April 9 at 11am: Zoom Book Discussion; registration required.
- April 15th 6pm: Panel Discussion with the County Department of Mental Health (English) via Zoom. Register here.
- April 22nd 6pm: Panel Discussion with the County Department of Mental Health (Chinese) via Zoom
- April 29th Time TBA: In Our Own Voice by NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) (English) via Zoom
- May 1st: Begin reserving your Mindfulness Kit
- May 1st: Begin 21 Days of Action Leading to Rising Strong Day
- May 1st Time TBA: In Our Own Voice by NAMI (Spanish) via Zoom
- May 7th Time TBA: Pop-Up Tea Library (Location TBA)
- May 13th Time TBA: Dr. Thalida Em Arpawong of USC will discuss Resiliency and Aging
- May 21st Time TBA: Rising Strong Day at Almansor Park
- May 26th 6pm: Lori Gottlieb Speaking Event virtually via the State Library
Stay tuned for more information as we near the commencement of Alhambra Reads 2021 by checking this page and our social media channels:
WHAT IS BOOK TO ACTION?
Book to Action is a program of the California Library Association, supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.
De Libro a Acción es un programa de la Asociación de Bibliotecas de California, apoyada enteramente o en parte por el Instituto de Servicios Bibliotecarios y de Museo de Estados Unidos conforme a lo dispuesto por la Ley de Servicios Bibliotecarios y Tecnología, administrada en California por la Bibliotecaria del Estado.