The Alhambra Civic Center Library offers free public access computers and free high-speed Wi-Fi for adults, teens, and children. To use either of these services, you must have a valid Alhambra Library card.
Free computer use is limited to 120 minutes per day. You may not use another person’s Library card to access the Library computers or Wi-Fi.
Wi-Fi access requires a valid Library card. You can connect to the Library_Wifi network using the password, which is the capital letter A, followed by the first seven digits of your Library card (e.g. A1234567). You will be directed to the Library's Wi-Fi use policy page and must check the box to accept the terms before connecting.
The Library offers black and white and color photocopying. Black and white pages are 15 cents each; color pages are 30 cents each.
The Library has a scanner and fax machine. Scans are 5 cents per page. Scans can be saved in multiple file formats including PDF, JPG, TIFF, and sent via email, saved to cloud storage, or saved on a USB drive.
Digital faxing services are available to send to U.S phone numbers only; faxes cannot be received. Faxes cost $1 per page, and require a valid e-mail address to receive submission confirmation.
The Library offers printing either from a public computer or from your personal laptop (Mac and PC only). You must have your Library card present to print, as the card must be scanned to access your print job.
Printing is 15 cents for each black and white page, 30 cents for each color page.
Printing from your Mac or PC laptop
Please review the Wireless Access Policy before using the Library wireless internet and equipment.
1. Click here to run the print client.
2. Select either Windows or Mac installation.
3. For Macs, select "LPTOne Mobile Print Client"; Windows will install automatically*.
*depending on your security settings, you may need to allow the client installer to run by selecting "keep" or "more info>Run" on any pop-up windows that you may see.
4. The new installed printers are "blackandwhite" and "color."
Important: You must keep the print client window open to connect to the printers. If you close the window, you will need to reinstall.
1. You must select the type of printer you want to use. Black and white prints are 15 cents per page, color prints are 30 cents per page. The default is black and white.
2. Click Print, then enter your User ID (your Alhambra Library card number).
3. The total amount for your print job will show on the screen. Click "OK" to proceed.
4. Go to any print station to scan your library card and release your print job.
The Library is not responsible for losses and/or damage to personal equipment, software, data files, or personal information by the use of the Library’s wireless network or by downloading and/or use of the wireless print client.
The Library cannot guarantee that your equipment or software will be compatible with the Library’s wireless network or wireless printing client.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where are the computers located?
Adult Areas: Computers in the Adult Areas on the First and Second Floor are designated for users aged 13 and older.
Teen Area: Computers in the Teen Area are reserved for users aged 13-17. Adults and children may not use computers in this area.
Children's Area: Computers in the Children's Room are reserved for users aged 12 and younger. There are also two 15-minute stations for adults accompanied by children to use in the Children’s Room.
Where and how can I reserve a computer?
Reservations can be made at the Print Release Stations, located in the Children's room, and on the first and second floors of the library.
- Reservations can be made for the next available computer or for a time up to one day in advance.
- A valid Alhambra Civic Center Library card is required to make a reservation. Your Alhambra Civic Center Library card will also be required to access the reserved computer when it becomes available.
- You may not make more than one reservation for the same period of time.
- Telephone reservations are not accepted.
- Reserved computers will be held for ten minutes after the reservation time before they are released to another user.
- Missed reservation times cannot be reinstated.
Can I get computer and Internet assistance?
Individual technology assistance is available by appointment with one of the Library’s volunteer tech tutors. You can sign up for a 30 minute appointment at the Second Floor Reference Desk or by calling the Reference Desk at (626) 570-3212.
Reference staff will not be able to troubleshoot personal technology equipment or interpret website policies and procedures for you.
Does the Library provide headphones?
The Library does not provide headphones. Please bring your own wired headphones or purchase earbuds at the Library Book Store.
How do I save my work?
To protect your privacy, you should not save any data to the public access computers. You may save files to your own storage device such as a flash/USB drive or CD. The Library is not responsible for any damage, loss, or destruction of any data or personal device (flash drives, cameras, cell phone, etc.) connected to Library computers by users. Flash/USB drives are available for purchase at the Circulation Desk or in the Library book store.
What programs are installed on the public computers?
Library computers are equipped with Windows 10 operating systems. Computers have Microsoft Office Suite 2016 installed, which includes MS Word, MS Excel, MS Publisher, and MS PowerPoint; as well as Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome internet browsers, and Adobe Acrobat Reader. Users may not install any other programs or operating systems on public computers.