DONATIONS OF BOOKS AND OTHER MATERIALS:
Donations of materials will be accepted by the Library within the following guidelines:
- Library staff will evaluate donations for inclusion in the collection in accordance with the Library Collection Development policy.
- Because the Library collection is actively used, no guarantee can be made that any gift will become a permanent addition.
- Donations become the property of the Alhambra Library. Materials may be added or discarded without consulting the original donor.
- Donations not added to the Library collection become the property of the Friends of the Alhambra Library.
- Fiction and nonfiction books (hard cover and paperbacks)
- DVDs, Blu-Rays, and audiobooks
- Clean copies of “classic” titles
We Cannot Accept:
- Books in poor condition (yellowing pages, broken bindings, musty smelling, etc.)
- Textbooks or reference materials (dictionaries, atlases, etc.)
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Outdated materials (old travel guides, nonfiction older than 5 years, etc.)
- Newspapers or Magazines
- VHS, CDs, or cassette tapes
The Library does not offer appraisal services.
Upon request, a receipt in the form of a letter acknowledging the donation will be given to the donor at the time of the donation. This letter may be used by the donor for tax purposes.
Value of Donation
In accordance with tax regulations, no dollar value will be stated in the letter of receipt.
Dropping off Donations:
Donations can be brought to the Library's Circulation Desk during regular operating hours.
Larger donations (more than two boxes) require an appointment. Please call the Circulation Department at (626) 570-5028 to schedule a drop-off time.
Please make all monetary donations to the Library through the Alhambra Public Library Foundation.
Donations to the Foundation supports Library programming, summer reading, literacy, collection development, and more!
All donations are tax-deductible and go directly to supporting the Alhambra Library.
Please make checks payable to: Alhambra Public Library Foundation
Mail your check to:
Alhambra Library Foundation
101 S. First St.
Alhambra, CA 91801